How to Configure a Router with Easy Techniques(Last Updated On: September 19, 2018)
How to configure a router? A big headache for a newcomer. I just easily do it for tension free. Before starting the process, we have to learn about the router. In a single word, A router is a networking device. Comfortably, it is used to forwards data packets along networks. Routers perform the traffic or user to directing functions on the Internet. The router reads the data packet first. Then send it to the destination end. Routers are generally used in Home, Office and any other playground.
Here you see the image of two routers.
Configure a Router
We configure a router to communicate with other network components. The steps are given below:
- Connect your router to the PC (Personal Computer) and open it with a Brower(Internet Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla, etc).
- Generally, the router gives you the http://192.168.0.1/ address or someone.
- After accessing the router and give its password you see its web page.
- Here you see the routers configuration program.
- Enable the routers firewall now.
- Set SSID (Set a Service Set Identifier) for your wireless network. The wireless network is known by this name.
- Hence, Set the encryption for this network. This is the password to enter your network to use.
- Configure the base station (This is optional).
- Thence, Tell the wireless router to provide IP address dynamically. This is known as DHCP- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol.
- Note it: Please remember or write down the SSID and Password.
Hereafter see the image and a short description.
To access your routers web interface-
- Plug your routers IP address into the browser.
- To find its IP address go to the Network and Sharing Center from the control panel.
- See the IPv4 Default Gateway and write it to the browser address bar.
However, it is easy to all know how to configure a router.